This server is not maintained any more!
Please go to https://github.com/universAAL/
Important Note: By accessing resources from this site, you confirm that you are aware that:
- Software and any other development material available from this site is not the universAAL official distribution, but it is only the playground of universAAL developers, which is made available to registered people only for the purpose of encouraging the creation of a community.
- Software available from this site is under development and may be in an inconsistent state; you will never use information made accessible to you on this site against universAAL.
- You may only use software downloaded from the repository internally, for purposes of study and experimentation. This means that the software can not be distributed.
- ALL SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE universAAL PROJECT PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE STUFF AVILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THIS STUFF.
universAAL code has migrated to https://github.com/universAAL/. It holds the current source code and documentation wikis, including:
Also http://universaal.info/ could be of interest for you.
As we are trying to find and block all ways that lead to this old forge site, we would like to ask you to inform dev (at) universaal.aaloa.org where you found the links to this old forge site.
universAAL introduces a shift of paradigm in programming, and hence for sure programming with it becomes a special experience, hopefully a positive one, even if the new way of programming certainly has some drawback on getting started. But, don’t worry; we are sure that you will recognize the pattern and will get faster and faster with it. The promise is that thanks to semantic interoperability, you get ready for the new era of open distributed systems of systems where you can create dynamic constellations of arbitrary components to build your own system of systems without worrying much about the integration overhead.
How does this ‘shift of paradigm’ look like?
Well, you still use a set of data structures (interfaces, classes and objects) in the context of an API; but
- you need only this one API for both providing and utilizing arbitrary capabilities in your system of systems, and
- when developing, you describe capabilities and formulate requests semantically, as if you are talking to the runtime environment of your component.
universAAL is a software platform for the integration of open distributed systems of systems. It provides runtime support for distributed service-oriented environments in which components can provide and consume services by sharing compatible models (ontologies).
- Communication participants do not need to access each other and hence do not need to know the addresses of the other participants.
- Therefore, they do not need to know if the other participants run in the same runtime environment locally or in another, possibly heterogeneous / remote, runtime environment.
- Most importantly, they even do not need to know the programming interface of the other participants because the universAAL middleware takes over the overhead of calling the needed functions.
In case you need more help, please write to dev (at) universaal.aaloa.org.